Alpha-Numeric Branding Electrodes are pure molybedum electrodes 3″ long mounted on a 3″ x 3/8″ diameter steel shank. Electrodes are used for quick and accurate marking in deformed reinforcing bar master rolls and other marking applications.
- First consult your roll engineer to determine your electrode requirements. The engineer should check the roll pattern and determine the height of the alpha-numeric characters to the following Cammann standard height electrodes (U.S. or Metric) or custom made electrodes according to your company’s standards.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to fit the branding electrodes into the rib or notched pattern in the master roll.
- The electrode width never exceeds the height of the branding electrode.
- All Cammann standard alpha-numeric branding electrodes are manufactured from pure molybdenum and are 3” long. In addition, they are mounted on a 3” x 3/8” diameter steel shank for use with the Cammann C-300CSBE Collet Branding Electrode Assembly (See brochure page 6-4).
- The alpha-numeric characters used in branding are sleeved with a plastic tubing to control coolant flow.
Cammann Standard Alpha-Numeric Branding Electrode Sizes
.125, .156, .187, .218, .250, .312, .375, .500, .625, .750
3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm, 18mm, 19mm
Configuration of Branding Electrode
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Trademarks and electrodes to customer specifications are available in standard U.S. or metric heights (Please provide print or drawing).
This style electrode is used for identification marking of master rolls for deformed reinforcing bar (rebar), angles, channels, etc. When holding the electrode and looking at the marking end, the character will be oriented the way it appears on the finished product. Example: standard “R” electrode would look like an “R”. When marked on the master roll the brand itself will appear backwards (inverse) “Я”.
This style electrode is used for serial number marking on end flanges, billets, etc. where you would engrave or mark a serial number on your product (similar to a set of steel letter stamps). When holding the electrode and looking at the marking end, the character will be reversed (facing the opposite direction of a standard mounted alpha-numeric branding electrode). Example: inverse “R” electrode would look like this “Я”. When marked in the end flange, billet, etc. the brand will be oriented like a standard alphabet symbol “R”.
Single or Double Character
Single alpha-numeric branding electrodes have 1 character mounted on 1 shank; double alpha-numeric branding electrodes have 2 characters mounted on 1 shank.